Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Block #4 Betty's Blue Birds

Here is the April Block for Betty's Blue Birds called swallow's crossing.  I'm pretty please with how this one turned out.  The "swallow" block was paper pieced, which is why the edges are so crisp.



The funny thing is, from this one i moved on to another BOM from Quilty Delights, and the January block was this:


This one was NOT paper pieced and one of my corners is a little crooked--but i'm hoping i'll be able to correct that when i construct the quilt.

As you can see, i also plan to make this one with a black background to change things up a bit.  I'll post the other three squares once i take pics.

There has GOT to be an easier way to make quarter triangle squares!  I am such a fan of creating half triangle squares without cutting the square, that now having done this block--and a few others, I want to find that easy  method that won't stretch out my triangles, messing up my block!  *grumble*

And would you believe it--i've actually got ONE MORE BOM that i'm doing?  By the end of the year i should have 3 quilt tops assembled, 9 mini quilts created, and the blocks i created earlier this year.  And i've embarked on another quilting adventure--but this one is all handwork to be done when i'm not in or don't have access to my studio.  I'll post about THAT very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment